Mesquite, TX – November 4, 2021 – Keep Mesquite Beautiful, Inc. and the City of Mesquite will hold Mesquite Recycles Day on Saturday, Nov. 13 at Poteet High School, 3300 Poteet Drive, from 8 a.m. - noon. The free event provides Mesquite residents the opportunity to drop off a variety of reusable items, electronic-waste and offers professional document shredding. Attendees must show proof of residency in Mesquite to participate. All vehicles must enter through the front entrance on Galloway Avenue. To learn more about the event, visit www.cityofmesquite.com/RecyclesDay.
Here are some of the acceptable items that can be dropped off:
- Gently used eyeglasses.
- Gently used books and commercially produced DVDs/CDs.
- Used laser and ink jet printer cartridges and used rechargeable batteries.
- Gently used clothing, handbags, linens and towels.
- Gently used toys and children’s items and working televisions for donation.
- Tires and used appliances.
- E-waste, including computers, monitors, printers, televisions, cell phones or any electronic device. VHS cassette tapes are not accepted.
- CFL lightbulbs.
A document destruction truck will also be available for residential shredding only. To participate, please bring only individual documents for shredding. Please do not bring magazines, ad inserts, envelopes or anything other than those documents to be shred.
Commercial office waste and household hazardous waste are not accepted at this event. All household hazardous waste, including paint cans, pesticides, and motor oil, must be taken to 11234 Plano Road in Dallas, Texas. Please visit the Dallas County website for more details.