Mesquite Housing Division
The Mesquite Housing Division administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. This program is a tenant-based rental assistance program funded by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The mission of the City of Mesquite Housing Division is to encourage independence, provide housing assistance, and family stability throughout the city to the families we serve by following HUD guidelines with consistent, professional customer service, and teamwork.
ATTENTION: PERSONS SEEKING RENTAL ASSISTANCE THROUGH THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (HCV) PROGRAM
THE CITY OF MESQUITE HOUSING DIVISION HAS EXHAUSTED ITS CURRENT WAITING LIST. A NEW WAITING LIST WILL OPEN AND BE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC, ON-LINE, FROM ANY DEVICE WITH INTERNET ACCESS. APPLICANTS WILL BE SELECTED USING A RANDOM LOTTERY SYSTEM.
THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (HCV) PROGRAM IS A HUD-FUNDED, RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM DESIGNED TO ASSIST LOW-INCOME FAMILIES IN PAYING RENT FOR PRIVATELY OWNED HOUSING. TO QUALIFY, A FAMILY'S GROSS ANNUAL INCOME (BEFORE ANY DEDUCTIONS) MUST FALL WITHIN THE FOLLOWING HUD PUBLISHED, EXTREMELY LOW-INCOME LIMITS:
- 1 PERSON-$20,450
- 2 PERSONS-$23,400
- 3 PERSONS- $26,300
- 4 PERSONS-$29,200
- 5 PERSONS-$32,470
- 6 PERSONS-$37,190
- 7 PERSONS-$41,910
- 8 PERSONS-$46,630
TO APPLY, VISIT https://www.waitlistcheck.com/TX1169, THEN FOLLOW THE ON-SCREEN DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING OUT AN APPLICATION. KEEP YOUR LOG-IN INFORMATION TO LATER REVIEW YOUR STATUS ON THE WAITING LIST. INTERESTED PERSONS OR FAMILIES MAY BEGIN PLACING THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2022, 8:00AM-CST, THROUGH MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2022, 5:00PM-CST.
IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, ASSISTANCE OR OTHER ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL (972) 216-6424.
As part of the American Rescue plan 2021, Mesquite Housing Division (MHD) has received funding and have been awarded a limited number of Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHV) by the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Department (HUD) to administer the Emergency Housing Voucher program.
Although the Housing Choice Voucher Wait List is currently closed, MHD Wait List participants may be eligible for an Emergency Housing Voucher if the applicant meets the following criteria:
- at risk of homelessness;
- fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking; or
- recently homeless and for whom providing rental assistance will prevent the family’s homelessness or having high risk of housing instability.
Emergency Housing Vouchers are limited to the eligible populations listed above and are managed through a direct referral process.
If you are currently receiving services from any of the Continuum of Care programs mentioned below or partnering service providers, you can speak with your case manager to be assessed and referred for the Emergency Housing Voucher program.
Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance
- To encourage self-sufficiency of participant families and assist in the expansion of family opportunities which address educational, socio-economic, recreational, and other human services needs. Learn more about the Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS)
- To create positive public awareness and expand the level of family, landlord, and community support in accomplishing the mission
- To attain and maintain a high level of standards and professionalism in our day-to-day management of all program components.