- Municipal Court
- Jury Service Information
Jury Service Information
Cases heard by the Mesquite Municipal Court are Class C misdemeanor violations that are punishable by fine only. Jury Service is normally for one day, and impaneled jurors are paid $6 per day.
Checking Jury Service Status
You may call 972-216-6206 (Option 0) before the end of the business day prior to your date of juror service to determine if your appearance is required for jury duty.
You may claim an exemption from jury duty if any of these apply to you:
- You are over 70 years of age.
- You have legal custody of a child or children younger than 15 years of age and service on the jury would require leaving the child or children without adequate supervision.
- You are a student of a public or private high school.
- You are enrolled and in actual attendance at an institution of higher education.
- You are an officer or an employee of the senate, house of representatives, or any department, commission, board, office, or other agency in the legislative branch of the state.
- You are the primary caretaker of a person who is unable to care for himself or herself. (This exemption does not apply to health care workers.)
- You are a member of the U.S. military forces serving on active duty and deployed to a location away from your home station and out of your county of residence.
- You have served as a juror in this County during the 24-month period preceding the date you are to appear for jury service.
- You have been summoned for jury service in this county and you have served as a petit juror in this county during the three-year period prior to the date you are required to appear by this summons.
These exemptions are not mandatory and an individual who meets one or more of these criteria may still choose to serve on a jury panel.