Extension to Pay

Adults may request for an extension to pay by mail, in person at the Court Clerk’s office, Online or in open court. Juveniles may make the request only in open court.

If you are approved for the extension to pay, you will be requested to make a written request on or before your appearance date and acknowledge and understand the following statements:

  • Waive discovery pursuant to Article 39.14, C.C.P., waive my right to trial, and enter a plea of No Contest.
  • Until the fines and courts costs are paid in full, agree to notify the Court of any changes in your personal financial situation that will likely interfere with your ability to pay the fine and court costs in the manner ordered by the Judge.
  • Depending on the situation, the Judge may be able to offer other ways to pay or earn credit towards your fine, fees, and costs.  For the Judge to consider such circumstances, and to avoid the possibility of being arrested, you are required to provide timely and sufficient proof to the Court.
  • Requirement to make an initial payment of $50.00 per violation to be applied to the amount owed on your case(s) to complete an online request.
  • If the Court grants the request, the Payment Plan Agreement will be for $100.00 per month.  Each payment will be due and payable as scheduled until the full amount is paid to the court. 
  • A $15.00 Time Payment Reimbursement Fee will be added to each offense on your Payment Plan if any portion of the fine and costs is unpaid on or after the 31st day after the date of the judgment, pursuant to Section 133.103, Local Government Code.
  • Judgment and CONVICTION will be entered against you in this matter.  The offense will be reported as required by law. 
  • Failure to comply with all the terms and conditions set by this Court and/or failure to appear for a Show Cause Hearing for failure to comply with the requirements of this Court may result in the issuance of a Capias Pro Fine Warrant. 

If you choose this option, complete the Extension to Pay Form and return it within 12 days from the date of offense.

You may request the Extension to Pay Online by going to  Online Services.