Mesquite, TX – February 10, 2021 – As temperatures plummet this week, it's important to protect your pipes from freezing. Here are a few precautions that will help residents decrease the chances of having plumbing problems.
- Insulate exposed pipes and cover outdoor faucets to help prevent freezing.
- Disconnect and drain outdoor hoses to prevent a hard freeze from bursting the outdoor faucet or the pipe leading to it.
- Open doors below sinks to allow warm air to reach the pipes.
- Let the water run temporarily. Leave a small trickle of water running–don’t forget the bathtub and shower.
- Locate the main water shut-off valve. If a pipe breaks somewhere in the house, the water can be turned off at this main valve.