What types of construction require a building permit?
Most construction and remodel jobs require permits. The best way to find out if you need a permit is to contact the City of Mesquite Building Inspection Office at either (972) 216-6212 or (972) 216-6213 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Listed below are some of the most common types of permits:

Amusement (Carnivals)
Certificate of Occupancy
Driveway / Sidewalk
Foundation Repair
Irrigation Systems
New A/C or Furnace
New Electric Service or Repairs
Patio Covers
Parking Pads
Pool - Spas - Hot Tubs
Retaining Walls
Room Additions
Sewer or Water Line Repairs
Special Promotion (Commercial)
Storage Building
Tent Permits
Moving of Buildings and Heavy Equipment

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my gas turned on?
2. What types of construction require a building permit?
3. Can I get an extension on my permit?
4. Do I need a permit for my garage sale?
5. How much does it cost to register as a contractor with the City of Mesquite?
6. What types of contractors must be registered with the City of Mesquite?
7. How will I know if my inspection passed or failed?
8. How do I track the status of a permit?
9. How do I get electricity turned on at my business?
10. What is the cutoff time for a next-day inspection?