Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Mesquite, TX – July 6, 2017 – More than 150 people in the U.S. die every year from accidental, non-fire related carbon monoxide (CO) poison. The poisonous gas is also known as the “Invisible Killer’ because of its colorless and odorless traits. CO poisoning is associated with consumer products such as; generators, faulty or improperly vented furnaces, stoves, water heaters and fireplaces.
Since CO is undetectable by human senses, people may not know that they are being exposed to the poisonous gas. It is important to recognize the symptoms of CO poisoning and take precautions against this invisible killer.
Low to moderate levels of CO symptoms:
High levels of CO symptoms:
How to prevent CO poisoning in your home:
The National Safety Council recommends you install a battery-operated carbon monoxide detector in your home near the bedrooms. Check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the CO alarm sounds, move everyone outside and call 911.