Who Is Eligible for NSP
Note: As of April 2019, City of Mesquite does not have any NSP properties available for purchase. Please check back in January 2020, when two newly constructed homes will be available for purchase to eligible buyers.
To determine if you are an eligible recipient of a City of Mesquite NSP property, you must meet all of the following:
- To be eligible for properties coming available January 2020, your household income must be at or below 50% of the area median income for Dallas County. This is a Federal requirement to meet the terms of the HUD NSP grant program.
|# of People in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|30% of Area Median Income||$17,500||$20,000||$22,500||$25,750||$30,170||$34,590||$39,010||$43,430|
|50% of Area Median Income||$29,100||$33,250||$37,400||$41,550||$44,900||$48,200||$51,550||$54,850|
- You intend to occupy the property as your primary place of residence.
- You must attend 8 hours of homebuyer education classes from a HUD approved counseling center prior to obtaining a mortgage loan.
- You must be either a first-time homebuyer or you must verify that you own no more than one residential property at the time you submit your eligibility application.
- If you have a co-signer, he or she, will be a member of and reside in your household.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible immigrant.
If you will meet the above requirements and would like participate in the NSP program, please review and complete the eligibility application process.
More information about the program can be found in the 2019 NSP Guidelines.
- It is required that applicants complete an 8 hour in-person homebuyer education class at a HUD- approved counseling agency. Online course certifications are not allowed.
- Applicants must have Counselor or Instruction sign and date the Certification for Completion of Homebuyer Counseling Form.
- Course must be completed before submission of application.
- You can find a complete list of HUD-approved counseling agencies in your area here: https://apps.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm?weblistaction=summary
For your convenience, The City of Mesquite has established partnerships with the following approved Agencies. Please contact them directly for upcoming dates, times, and prices of classes:
STEP 1: Review Program Eligibility Requirements and Program Guidelines
STEP 2: Complete 8 hour, in-person homebuyer education course
STEP 3: Get a Pre-Qualification Letter from a trusted Lender
STEP 4: Contact City Realtor to take a tour and make an offer
STEP 5: Submit Application to City Realtor
Applicants and lenders should contact the CDBG Coordinator for more information about the NSP Program
Please contact Realtor, Alicia Trevino, if you’re interested in:
- Submitting an application for NSP
- Taking a tour of available NSP homes
- Making an offer on an NSP home
Century 21 Realtors
***Submission of Application does not automatically qualify you for assistance under the program.*** Each application will go through a review and processing to determine eligibility prior to final approval of grant assistance.