**** CDBG Application Period Closed **** Examples of agencies that are eligible to apply for CDBG funds are:
Who is Eligible to become a Subrecipient?
- Non-profit, 501(c)(3), tax exempt agencies that provide services to Mesquite residents
- City departments
- Neighborhood organizations if they:
- Seek sponsorship through a non-profit agency
- Seek sponsorship through a city department, or for-profit agencies / businesses that administer special activities such as economic development
- For profit agencies/businesses that administer special activities such as economic development
Organizations that are granted funding are responsible for payment of all project related expenses and will be reimbursed with CDBG funds by the City of Mesquite upon submittal of proper expenditure documentation.
CDBG Program Year 2019 Subrecipient Funding Application
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a grant provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The CDBG program provides the City of Mesquite with the opportunity to develop viable communities by funding activities that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities principally for low and moderate income persons. Funds are awarded to carry out a wide range of community development activities directed toward neighborhood revitalization, economic development and public services. Program regulations for CDBG can be found at 24 CFR Part 570.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding applications for the fiscal year 2019-2020 (Program Year 2020) are available until Friday, April 12, 2019, 12 p.m. Agencies that are eligible to apply for CDBG funding are:
CDBG funds must be used to address one of the three national objectives:
- Benefit persons of low-to moderate income
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight
- Meet community development needs that have a particular urgency
For more information, contact the CDBG office at 972-216-6425.
Mesquite PY19 CDBG Application WORD