- City Council
- Real. Texas. Roads.
- Powell, Orchid, Melton, Magnolia, and Douglas
Powell, Orchid, Melton, Magnolia, and Douglas
** This project is complete **
March 24, 2023: The contractor has completed this neighborhood. There may be small minor clean-up items they will continue with until the end of the month.
January 12, 2022: The contractor is working on utility replacements, including water and sewer. Paving is complete on Melton Lane. Paving is underway on Magnolia Drive and Douglas Drive.
August 30, 2021: The contractor is working on utility replacements, including water and sewer, before they start on the pavement. The contractor is currently working on Douglas, Magnolia, and Powell.
March 8, 2021: Contracts have been executed for the work on Powell Road, Powell Circle, Melton Lane, Magnolia Drive and Douglas Drive. Staff is coordinating with the contractor to set a start date.
February 12, 2021: City Council approved award of the construction contract in February for the road and utility work on Powell Road, Powell Circle, Melton Lane, Magnolia Drive and Douglas Drive. Staff is working on completing the final administrative tasks before work can begin. Construction is expected to begin in late March.
This page is dedicated to street repairs on Powell Road, Powell Circle, Orchid Avenue, Melton Lane, Magnolia Drive and Douglas Drive. Repairs in these neighborhoods are funded through the Real. Texas. Roads. program and will provide for the construction for the following:
- The reconstruction of Powell Road/Powell Circle from Potter Lane to Sandy Lane, approximately 5,200 linear feet. Construction will include all new sidewalks and replacement of old sanitary sewer and waterlines.
- The reconstruction of Orchid Avenue from Powell Circle to Daffodil Drive, approximately 750 linear feet. Construction will include replacement of broken sidewalks and sanitary sewer in this segment.
- Asphalt reclamation for Melton Lane from Bruton Road to dead end, approximately 1,050 linear feet. Design will include replacement of curb and gutter as needed, broken sidewalks and sanitary sewer in this segment.
- Asphalt reclamation for Magnolia Drive/Douglas Drive from Potter Lane to Rodeo Center Boulevard, approximately 900 linear feet. Design will include replacement of curb and gutter as needed, broken sidewalks and sanitary sewer in this segment.
The paving surface for Powell Road/Powell Circle and Orchid Avenue will be concrete as determined by performing a cost analysis during design. These sections will be a full reconstruction of the street.
Melton Lane, Magnolia Drive and Douglas Drive will remain asphalt and will utilize the asphalt reclamation method where they pulverize the existing asphalt surface into the base below, along with cement additive. A new layer of asphalt will be placed over the newly restored base material.
|POWELL RD||POTTER LN||SANDY LN|
|POWELL CIR||POWELL RD||SANDY LN|
|POWELL DR||POWELL RD||POWELL CIR|
|ORCHID AVE||POWELL CIR||DAFFODIL DR|
|MAGNOLIA DR||DOUGLAS DR||RODEO CENTER|
|DOUGLAS DR||POTTER LN||MAGNOLIA DR|
|MELTON LN||BRUTON RD||DEAD END|
Expected Construction Process - Asphalt Reclamation:
Asphalt Reclamation is for use on existing asphalt streets and involves pulverizing the existing asphalt surface into small pieces and then mixing the pulverized asphalt, base material and a stabilizer (lime, cement or both) to create a new stabilized base layer. After the base material is prepared, a new layer of asphalt is placed on top.
Expected Construction Process - Reconstruction:
Reconstruction is a complete demolition and rebuild of a street. All curb and gutter and sidewalk is also typically replaced. This method requires full design and frequently requires the use of outside design consultants.
Real. Texas. Roads. is the program name for the road repairs funded by the $125 million bond sale approved by voters in November 2015. Repairs under this program are limited to residential, 2-lane roadways. Click here to see information on the entire program of road repairs.