Mesquite Landmark Commission
The Mesquite Landmark Commission works to protect, enhance, and promote landmarks and districts of historical, cultural, and architectural importance in the City.The purpose of the Landmark Commission is to assist with establishing and promoting a unique identity that reflects the City of Mesquite’s character, enhances its aesthetics, and celebrates its business community and neighborhoods through historic preservation, adaptive reuse, and revitalization.
Historic Preservation Ordinance
2010 Historic Resources Survey
- Section 1 Mesquite Survey Sheets w Pictures sites 1 to 42. pages 1 to 21
- Section 2 Mesquite Survey Sheets w Pictures sites 43 to 84. pages 22 to 42
- Section 3 Mesquite Survey Sheets w Pictures sites 85 to 128. pages 43 to 64
- Section 4 Mesquite Survey Sheet w. picture sites 129 to 178. pages 65 to 89
- Section 5 Mesquite Survey Sheets w Pictures sites 179 to 238. page 90 to 119
- Section 6 Mesquite Survey Sheets w Pictures sites 239 to 300. page 120 to 150
- Section 7 Mesquite Survey Sheets w Pictures sites 301 pages 151
- Historic Resource Survey - Add in Old Lawson Road Bridge June 2011
- Historic Resource Survey - Survey list by Streets
A historic resources survey documents the existence and condition of significant properties in a community. Documenting these properties is a vital step towards preserving our historic and cultural resources.
Mesquite’s survey was conducted in 2010 as part of the project, “Preserving Our Sense of Place: Strengthening Mesquite’s Preservation Plan,” and funded by the National Trust for Historic Preservation Fondren Endowed Fund and Historic Mesquite, Inc..
In order to present a true picture of resources that existed at the time the survey was conducted, resources that may have been demolished, removed, or significantly altered since the 2010 survey publication are not deleted.
To apply, return a completed Personal Data Form along with a resume indicating your qualifications, credentials or expertise in fields related to historic preservation to the City Secretary. Submit through email, regular mail, or in person; following the directions provided on the Personal Data Form.
Personal Data Form https://www.cityofmesquite.com/DocumentCenter/View/6586/Personal-Data-Form
2020 Landmark Commission
- Position No. 1, Mesquite Landmark Owner
- Position No. 2, Practicing Design Professional
- Position No. 3, Historian
- Position No. 4, Resident with Interest/Knowledge
- Position No. 5, Resident
- Position No. 6, Downtown Development Advisory Board Member
- Position No. 7, Historic Mesquite Inc. Member
- Alternate No. 1,
- Alternate No. 2,
Manager or Historic Preservation, Toyia Pointer