The City of Mesquite offers several communication tools in print, online and anytime for the public to stay informed of City news and events. The following is a list of all the communication platforms available to stay engaged and communicate with residents. As well as a list of phone numbers for City Departments about the most commonly asked questions.
- For questions or concerns: www.cityofmesquite.com/myMesquite
- Contact your City Council: www.cityofmesquite.com/CityCouncil
- City Council meeting agendas: www.cityofmesquite.com/CouncilAgendas
- Watch City Council meetings: www.cityofmesquite.com/WatchCouncilMeetings
- City’s Transparency Portal: www.cityofmesquite.com/Transparency
- City Holiday Schedule and how it impacts City services: www.cityofmesquite.com/Holidays
Dogs running at large, wild animals (coyotes, feral hogs, bobcats, etc.), animal cruelty, lost and found postings, pet adoptions, injured animals, vicious animals, pet registration and vaccination, animal bites, animal shelter and barking dogs.
- Animal Services
All construction permits, Rental Certificate of Occupancy program, Certificate of Occupancy Program, dilapidated structures and inspections (Red tags, green tags).
- Building Inspection
Open records requests, City Council meeting minutes and City elections.
- City Secretary
Zoning questions, home occupation complaints and variances (Board of Adjustments).
- Community Development
Convention & Visitors Bureau
For information on visitor destinations, hotels, restaurants and events.
- 972-204-4925 or 800-541-2355
- Mesquite CVB
High grass and weeds, junk vehicles, debris/trash, hoarding, stagnant swimming pools, parking in yards, garage sales, overgrown vegetation and Code Ambassadors Program.
- Environmental Code
Parks & Recreation
Planting/mowing in right-of-ways, facility reservations, recreation programs, parks and special events.
- Mesquite Parks & Recreation
Alarm permits, accident reports, police reports and officer complaints.
- Police (Non-Emergency): 972-216-6759
- Police Officer Complaints: 972-216-6236
Trash, recycling, missed pick ups, bulky item pick ups, hazardous waste disposal and holiday collection schedule.
- Collection Schedule
Potholes, standing water, streets ratings, Pavement Preservation Program and 50/50 sidewalk replacement program.
- After-Hours Emergencies: 972-216-6278
Traffic studies, stop signs, traffic signals, Alley Speedbump Petition Program and radar trailer.
- Traffic Engineering
Water bills, payment plans, service termination and requests for re-read.
- Water Billing Office