Special Olympics of Texas - Team Mesquite
Benefits of Participation
There are many benefits to participating as an athlete in Special Olympics of Texas - Team Mesquite:
- Physical exercise positively impacts health, mood and anxiety.
- Emphasis on sports training helps athletes maintain a healthy weight.
- Athletes participate in activities that enhance their self-esteem and help them see that they can achieve goals that they set for themselves.
- Athletes have many opportunities to make new friends and socialize in an environment that is accepting and encouraging.
To participate in Special Olympics of Texas - Team Mesquite, a person must be at least eight years old. Children at the age of six may begin a training program, but are not able to compete until the age of eight. A person must also be identified by an agency or professional as having one of the following:
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Closely related development disability, which means having functional limitations in both general learning and in adaptive skills such as recreation, work, independent living, self direction, or self care.
To enroll, complete an Athlete Enrollment/Medical Release Form and return it to Dunford or Evans Recreation Center.
Onetime $20 per year donation for all activities is requested.
AquaticsSaturdays, July 1 - Aug. 19
City Lake Aquatic Center
Thursdays, July 20 - Sept. 7
Mesquite Golf Club
Tuesdays, Aug. 1 - Sept. 19
Evans Ball Field #2
Sunday, Aug. 6 - Sept. 24
White Rock Boat House,
2810 White Rock Rd.
Saturday, September 2
$5 weekly fee covers lane and shoe rental
Thursdays, October 5 - November 23
6 - 7 p.m.
Evans Ball Field
Tuesdays, October 10 - November 28
7 - 8 p.m.
Dunford Recreation Center