Swim lessons are available for everyone ages 6 months through adult. Morning and evening lessons are available with certified instructors. Lessons are scheduled Monday through Thursdays with Fridays used as a makeup day. Saturday cancellations will be rescheduled at the end of the session. There is a maximum number of students per class. Students will be grouped by their skill level for individual classes.
Session DatesMorning & Evening Classes:
Session 1: June 1 - 10, 2021
Session 2: June 14 - 24, 2021
Session 3: June 28 - July 8, 2021
Session 4: July 12 - 22, 2021
Session A: June 5, 12, 19 & 26
Session B: July 10, 17, 24 & 31
| Weekday Lessons
- Adult Swim Class for ages 18+
- May 10 - 13 from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Town East Pool - 2525 John Glenn Pkwy.
- $25 per swimmer (resident)
- $30 per swimmer (non-resident)
- NEW THIS YEAR! Registration will be online!
- Registration for RESIDENTS begins Monday, May 3.
- Registration for NON-RESIDENTS begins Monday, May 10.
- You may register in person at the following locations below during regular business hours:
- Dunford Recreation Center
- Evans Recreation Center
- Florence Recreation Center
- Rutherford Recreation Center
- Mesquite Parks & Rec. Admin. Office located at 1515 N. Galloway Ave. Please note: (Hours are M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM)
- No swim test or pre-registration is available.
- *Please Note: When enrolling for more than one session, the same class level will be used. There is a maximum of 6 students per class. Final placement / advancement will be determined by the instructors.
- For more details on class levels and ages click here.
For questions or more information call 972-216-6260.
Download the 2021 Swim Lesson Brochure here.
Lesson ages below are guidelines. Your child may be more or less advanced than the suggested ages. Generally, children will remain in the same level for at least two sessions.
- Parent- Tot: 6 months - 3 yrs.
- Guppy: 4 & 5 yrs. Beginner
- Minnow: 6+ yrs. Beginner Level 1
- Seahorse: 8+ yrs. Beginner Level 2 Students will be in deeper water. *Swimmers with no prior swim lesson experience should not be enrolled in this level.
- Otter: 9 - 10 yrs. Intermediate Level 3 Deep water class. *Swimmers with no prior swim lesson experience should not be enrolled in this level.
- Dolphin: 11 - 12 yrs. Advanced Level 4 Swimmer must be able to swim independently longer distances and transition easily between deep and shallow water. *Swimmers with no prior swim lesson experience should not be enrolled in this level.
- Pre-teen (10-12 yrs.) & Teen (13-16 yrs.): for older beginners. *Swimmers who already know how to swim should not be enrolled in this class.
- Adult: 18+ yrs. Beginning class for adult swimmers.
For more details on class levels and ages click here.