Mesquite Police Explorer Post #145
The Mesquite Police Department sponsors Police Explorer Post #145. Membership is open to young Mesquite residents ages 14 (and completed the 8th grade) through 20 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of Law Enforcement.
Exploring has four specific goals:
- Gain practical experience and exposure to law enforcement
- Engage in program activities emphasizing:
- Career opportunities
- Life skills
- Character education
- Learning in a caring and fun environment
Participation in Police Exploring includes activities such as:
- Class-room instruction on various aspects of the law, legal system, and police practices
- Role-playing in police-based scenarios
- Community service opportunities
- Team building
- Competition with other Explorer Posts
- Ride-alongs with Officers
How much does it cost?
Annual dues are $15.
Do I have to fill out an application?
Yes. Explorers must complete an application. A $15 application fee must also accompany the application. A background check is conducted on all Explorer applicants. Applicants are expected to have high morals, integrity and honesty.
What about my grades?
All Explorer applicants must have at least a C average for all classes and maintain a C average while participating in the Explorer program.
Are there other costs involved?
Yes. Explorers are required to purchase their own uniforms. The standard uniform costs approximately $100 and is the property of the explorer. The standard uniform consists of:
- BDU trousers
- Name tag and epaulets
- Black uniform boots
(Explorers are not required to purchase uniforms immediately upon joining)
Optional equipment that explorers may purchase includes:
- Duty belt
- Handcuffs and case
- BDU’s for competition events
To learn more about Mesquite Police Explorer Post #145, email Post Advisor Officer Anthony Cooper at: [email protected]
To apply for acceptance into the program, please click here for an online application.