Keep Mesquite Beautiful (KMB) is proud to sponsor the Yard of the Month program. Each month, from June through October, members of the KMB Landscape Committee select up to five residences within the city limits of Mesquite to receive the Yard of the Month Award.
Winners are chosen based on the following criteria:
- The property has no visible code violations
- The property is one of the most aesthetically pleasing in the area
- The property was nominated as described below
- Properties are eligible to receive the YOM award once in a twelve month period.
- Properties may be personally or professionally maintained.
- Properties may be residential or commercial.
- Properties must be located within the city limits of Mesquite.
- Nominations for YOM may be made
- Nominations must include
- The Name and Telephone number of the Person nominating the yard
- The exact physical address of the property nominated
- A reason why this property deserves the award
To nominate a residence or business please email Paige Swiney: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The decisions by the KMB YOM/Landscape Committee are final.
- Properties may be nominated by the property owner or other party.
- Judging will occur during the period of the last week of the month to the first week of new month.
- Recipients of the award receive a sign to place on the property for up to a thirty (30) day period. This sign recognizes their efforts in beautifying the city.
- Recipients receive a certificate signed by the Mayor and the KMB Chairman of the Board.