Commercial Building Information
1. Three sets of plans (scaled) or Four sets of plans - restaurant, cafe, etc. (scaled)
2. Site plan with lease space location on each set.
3. Occupancy separation walls - 5/8" type X gypsum, floor to roof deck, with all openings sealed, per table 302.3.3, 2003 International Building Code.
4. Restroom exhaust to outside of building.
5. Glass and glazing shall comply with Chapter 24, 2003 International Building Code.
6. Minimum restroom facility requirements:
7. Submit for review and approval prior to issuance of building permit: Plumber riser diagram, mechanical plans, electrical riser diagram and fault current calculations.
8. Condensate drain must terminate into sanitary sewer.
9. In lieu of panic hardware, a durable sign shall be placed on or adjacent to the exit door(s) stating: THIS DOOR MUST REMAIN UNLOCKED DURING BUSINESS HOURS,
10. Contact Building Inspection for sign permit information.
11. Install exit signs to clearly indicate path of exit travel per Sec. 1003.2.10 of 2003 International Building Code.
12. Electrical installation per 2005 National Electrical Code, with amendments; Plumbing installation per 2003 International Plumbing Code; Mechanical installation per 2003 International Mechanical Code.
13. In accordance with Vernon’s Texas Civil Statutes, Title 132A, Article 9102: Architectural Barriers Section 5 (j) and (k), construction projects with estimated construction costs exceeding $50,000 and which are subject to the provisions of this article, shall submit proof to the local building department that plans have been submitted to the State of Texas for Architectural Barrier review prior to issuance of the Building permit.
14. Building plans shall identify materials and equipment to be used for 2003 International Conservation Energy Code compliance. Plans shall indicate U-Factors and Solar Heat Gain Coefficients (SHGC) for all windows and doors and R-Value of all insulation.
15. Asbestos Survey is required according to Senate Bill 509 before any renovations or demolition permit may be issued. Copies of survey shall be submitted to the Plans Examiner. All abatement must be completed before permit issuance.
16. COMcheck Software Design may be submitted with each application request. Available by downloading www.energycode.org.