Current Water Restrictions
Watering of lawns/landscapes is limited to twice weekly beginning May 1, 2015
Year Round Water Conservation Measures:
● From May 1st to Oct 31st, lawn/landscape watering with sprinklers or irrigation systems is limited to no more than two days per week. Residents and businesses may choose their days to water to take advantage of any rain events.
● Watering is NOT allowed between 10 am and 6 pm.
● Operation of malfunctioning sprinkler system, excessive runoff, or any waste of water is prohibited.
● Non-commercial car washing can only be done when using a water hose with a positive shut-off nozzle.
For questions or to report violations: 972-329-8533 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WaterMyYard.org helps homeowners to water only as needed
With a few clicks, homeowners can get recommendations on how long (in minutes) to run their irrigation systems. Users then can quickly set their email options to have these recommendations sent to them each week.This free, weather-based technology helps homeowners determine when it’s necessary to turn on their sprinklers and when it’s better for their lawn to keep their sprinkler system turned off. An important part of keeping lawns healthy is to water only when needed and to use cycle-soak for greater saturation. To sign up, go to he Water My Yard program uses data from weather stations, based throughout the NTMWD service area, to gather local climate conditions, including rainfall, temperature, wind speed, relative humidity, and solar radiation. www.watermyyard.org.
Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network (CoCoRaHS). For detailed information on precipitation events in your neighborhood, go to www,cocorahs.org to learn how you can volunteer to collect rainfall data for the National Weather Service. Knowing exactly how much precipitation your specific neighborhood received can help determine if your lawn or landscape needs supplemental water.
Texas ET Network. For more detailed information, visit http://texaset.tamu.edu/
Helpful Tips During Water Restrictions
● When watering, ensure the watering is done in multiple, short cycles with a 30-minute to a one hour break between run cycles to ensure deep penetration of water into soil. This allows for a stronger root system. For more information on how to water: Irrigation Tips