Historic Mesquite, Inc.
Find Us On Facebook
Like Historic Mesquite on Facebook.
About Historic Mesquite, Inc.
- HMI is a nonprofit [IRS 501 (c)(3)], tax exempt organization dedicated to the preservation of and education about Mesquite history.
- The organization is governed by a Board of Directors, who serve 3-year terms and can be re-appointed to an additional term.
- HMI meetings are held once a month, normally on the fourth Tuesday. Call 972-216-6468 or 972-329-8529 for more information.
- Other projects include:
- Restoration of S.D. Lawrence house at Opal Lawrence Historical Park
- Raising public awareness on historical preservation issues
- Providing an educational speakers bureau
- Writing historical marker applications
- Continuing involvement with state and national preservation institutions
- Memberships are available at different levels. All fundraising efforts go towards maintenance and restoration of historical properties and to a sustaining trust fund for the properties.
HOLIDAY HOURS FOR MESQUITE’S HOUSE MUSEUMS
Nov. 20, 2015…The holiday season is quickly approaching and Historic Mesquite, Inc. (HMI) has released the closure dates for the Florence Ranch Homestead and Opal Lawrence Historical Park.
The Florence Ranch Homestead, 1424 Barnes Bridge Road, is typically open Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on the second Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will be closed Nov. 23-27 for the Thanksgiving holiday and will re-open Tuesday, Dec. 1, for its regular hours. It will close for the Christmas season at 4 p.m., Dec. 11. The second Saturday open houses will not be held Dec. 12 or Jan. 9, 2015. The Florence Ranch will re-open for its regular hours on Jan. 5, 2016.
Opal Lawrence Historical Park, 701 E. Kearney Street, is typically open every fourth Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will not be held in November nor in December; open houses will resume Jan. 23, 2016.
Watch this page for information about new hours at Opal Lawrence Historical Park starting January, 2016.